Saturday, November 25, 2017

Climbing the Silver Tower






During roll20 dnd this morning I assembled the remaining sprues of Silver Tower minis.  (Pats back)  I considered finishing my cultists, but I find I have to really  concentrate to paint.  Smooshing grey plastic crack is about the level of concentration I need for me to effectively roleplay my angry little moon elf warrior street rat pocket rocket with ease. 

Last DnD session I glued together my project Z female survivors. Today it was my current shame project, The Silver Tower.  Next sunday?  Probably rebasing Doom minis.

To be fair, I wanted to wait til I moved in before finishing this game, the figures are so lovely that a little bit of special love was needed.

Also they are fragile as fuck.

I held off on the second monster sprue because I don't like doubles, so some conversions are in order.  I usually convert whilst doing commissions to eat up spare putty, this lot will need serious attention so I think they must wait until after my two remaining comissioned sculpts.

Oh, I also fucketh ye up olde Tenebrae Shard's fragile bits (no, not those fragile bits).  He will need some putty loving too.  I am also not sold on his face.

  I am not a fan of the thaumaturge face, and am thinking of switching it out for his staffs skull head.  Way cooler.

As for the second sprue, a little arm switching and head reposing would be a good start, but I have my heart set on doing the AOS28 (stoopid name) sightless conversion on the horrors I saw on Twitter the other week.  Way creepy.  I have that huge box of sprues coming back with me after xmas, so conversion parts aplenty!  Sure, the shame project will have to wait, but hey... cool minis!  Forgivable yes?

Last night I pushed along my Cthulhu cultists and cowgirls paintjobs but forgot to take pics.  Soz.


No comments:

Post a Comment