A very productive day today. I emptied out my 'adventurers' tub, which contained a couple of the dungeon starter sets and some AD&D minis. Most of these minis have been woefully neglected, having been based and primed at the very start of this blog, but never painted. I decided to rectify this!
I also threw in a few other figs that had likewise been annoying me by loitering around my collection in equally unpainted state.
I managed to rebase the lot and get really far in the paint jobs- though all are still very my works in progress.
I wanted crisp colours, bright flesh and new colour combinations. I wanted these adventurers to really pop out from the monsters.
Having an entire part of my collection 'done to varnish' is going to lift my spirits no end. Sometimes the size of my leadpile can be overwhelming. Not that I am complaining. I find it interferes with buying things recklessly on ebay too... 'Yes I want that elf, but I haven't painted the other twenty I have over there...'.
Of course, I still have a huge amount of figures to go, but being able to realistically envisage dusting off my hands and say 'done!' one day is pretty awesome.
Well, I am zonked. Good night kiddies!