Uh oh... looks like rude, smelly, sale focused staff, poor quality resin, constantly making expensive rule books redundant, suing fan websites, treating retail stores like scum and extreme price markups doesn't make for sound business practice.
Here is my solution to kick up the GW game. I have covered this before but I do so love talking about it! Comments below!
1) 50% pricing reduction in 2 installments to increase cash flow, restore fan base and return old players to fold.
2) Low cost/loss leader entry rulebooks and sets. Strip rulebooks down to thin, cheap books with several multi-race expansion books. No more 160 dollar entry products. 50 bucks for A4 sized 40k basic box- no figures just rules, dice, templates and counters. Buy with a small starter army set- (a few heroes, a squad, a heavy weapon, a dreadnought & stat cards). You are off and running!
3) Close the shops, support retailers and online delivery. White dwarf to be the thing that gets new kids interested. Support retailers with demo tables and armies, contest day prizes and online advertising.
4) White dwarf covers all armies each month, includes codex rule changes, comics, new fluff and user content. Support bloodbowl etc.
5) Drop finecast, focus on plastics alone. Resin to forgeworld only.
6) Reduce tooling costs / packaging on future products by making kits more multiuse. Less products produced but more purchases of product.
For example- war hydra contains handlers for orc, dark elf, lizardman and chaos warrior.
7) Revise rules to allow more racial crossover in army building- remove 'can't' from rulebooks. Consolidate armies removing staggered release codex system, balance rules by making analog forces (elves = dark elves, beastmen= lizard men=orcs & goblins etc). Analogs make balancing easier, allow smaller rulebooks and less arguments. Forces of darkness book, Forces of light book. Want a chaos force with daemons, skaven and a necromancer? Sure. Buy it!
8) Smaller new releases each month for several armies including free rules where needed. Releases can be cosmetic and not require new rules. No 'this month it's tyranids'. Instead a few things for everyone that can be impulse purchaed. What like? At the least, scenery making bits (doors, windows), corpse packs, skulls, weapon sprues, man eating plants, crows, alien things for bases etc. Monster/aliens are also useful for all players.
9) Address sexism in products to widen audience. Female spess marines allowed.
10) Support specialist games by using crossover products. Bloodbowl components in kits, for example. A dreadfleet boat in every new kit. Use cheap specialist games as entry products for flagship games. Spacehulk--> 40k, for example.
11) Give me money. Lots of money. Looooots money.