Monday, December 7, 2015

Planning the future

Thanks everyone for helping me get back on my feet.  I thought I would just give an update on my plan for the new year as it stands.

I will be setting up residence in a games startup collective in Melbourne.  This time, however, the focus will be on doing what I do best... this stuff.

I am thinking the best path for me is to reboot Darkling Games around a Patreon core structure.  Patrons will allow me to just sit all day and make Skulldred, new fantasy illustrations (for posters, cards and merch), new miniatures and then expansions, scenario packs and other old school things.  Patrons will also get access to painting tutorials, videos, skype tutes, exclusive content/minis and hand drawn art originals and painted mini commissions.

This means me at a desk, 8 hours a day, doing nothing but cranking out old school goodness.

Skulldred, Bride of Skulldred, Pint o' Skulldred, 30mm Dungeon Tiles, Stardred, D'Undred and so on, plus t-shirts, merch and minis.

Sounds like a dream for me.  What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. Regardless I'm glad to see you are back on your feet and I wish you all the best. May Lathander guide your path... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't really know how Patreon works and how viable a solution it is but one thing is for sure : throw Stardred, sphincter beasts, asscannons and vertically challenged evil ones at us and you'll most certainly get money thrown back at you.
    Given the popularity of skirmish games lately, I see a window for Skulldred too.
    You're an artist, that's a given, and a talented one on top of that, I hope you'll find the focus to make this... well... stuff a truly rejuvenating process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I am looking forward to seeing all the new ideas. I concur with the Assless one, if you make it I will buy it. ;)
    Im hoping the holidays and new year brings your dream to reality, all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fantastic idea - where do I sign up? Also, glad to see that things are looking up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dyson Logos has had some good success with Patreon. It'd certainly be worth investigating.

    ReplyDelete