Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Monster set complete

Awesome arrivals today.  My Manic Hobgoblin Hero arrived yesterday, thus completing my 1980s Citadel Monster Starter Boxed Set.  I placed them all together on a shelf and got my nostalgia buzz on.

http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc2monsters.htm

This boxed set was one of the first purchases back when I started, and I have been slowly assembling a replacement set one by one.  As far as boxed sets go its quite common and cheap to gather up, however finding the peices can be a challenge.  The set contains a Chaos Warrior, Vile Goblin, Lesser Goblin, Orc, Ogre, Hobgoblin, Dark Elf and Dire Wolf.

Pics as soon as I have painted them all.

Other arrivals include some Perry Brothers Chaos Dwarfs, Elementals and Life and Death Elemental.  Yay.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see some pics of the painted set, as that box was the first ever GW boxed set I bought when I first got into the hobby in 1988. The memories of buying it with my hard-earned money and then coming home to open the box, drooling over the minis then painting them to an abysmally poor standard are strangely some of my finest ones from those days...

    ReplyDelete